Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Stir-Fried Vegetables

I have been trying to lose weight for over a year now and I still need to lose around 10 pounds (of fat). This last 10 pounds is what I am struggling to lose away, which is quite a  challenge, by the way.

My plan of attack is to eat less carbs and get my calories mostly from protein. This dish is a healthy and perfect replacement for my rice at lunchtime.

Serves: 2

Ingredients:
1 small carrot, julliened
1 bell pepper, julliened
2 tomatoes, julliened with seeds removed
1/4 cabbage, julliened
5 young corns, chopped into bite size pieces
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 shallot, chopped
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper

The vegetables


Instructions:

  • In a pan, using medium high heat, saute garlic and onion until fragrant.

  • Add your vegetables and stir fry over high heat for 3 minutes.
  • Keep stirring.

  • After 3 minutes, lower the flame and add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and salt and pepper.
  • Stir for around 30 more seconds.
  • Plate and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment